Monday, February 13, 2017

My Thoughts On - All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven



I love this book so much I hate it. I love how it made me laugh at the beginning, how it made me grin like an idiot in the bus. I love how genuine the relationship between Theodore and Violet was , how wonderful for these two souls to find each other, to comfort each other. But I hate it too. I hate it for the endless tears I shed,  for making me love Theodore and then putting me face to face with the unchanging reality. I hate it for giving me no place to hope for a different ending. I felt loss, anger and despair. I knew no matter how much I read and went further into the story, Theodore's faith was unchanging and there is nothing I could do to shake off the sense of helplessness that came over me. I hated this book so much I love it.

All the bright places is real, raw, epic and a must read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vos commentaires sont les bienvenues!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...