Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Review - Some Act of Vision by Lori Ann Stephens



Why did I wait so long to read this book? If only I knew it was going to be this good! This novel has all the element for me to fall in love with it. It got science as one of the themes, it got a blind character (I'll explain why I love this a bit further), beautiful smooth writing and a logical plot.

The setting at the beginning is a bit strange with a scientific father, a Russian stepmother with a ballet dancer for a daughter and a cute younger brother. How all of this come in handy when an earthquake strikes their hometown? Leave it to Lori Ann Stephens to write a wonderfully woven story to take you on a unique adventure.

I truly enjoyed the story. It has a solid plot and the reaction of the characters to the earthquake and the mystery around it is believable, specially how they deal with with the peculiar changes to their situation.

"Spoilers, maybe?!" The blind character, Caleb, plays an essential role in the story making Jordan, the protagonist, feel normal through the time she spends with him and it makes him her anchor to normality despite his handicap. This is one of many reasons I love blind characters. They always have deep understanding of life and its hardship, so in a way they become the sage of wisdom to protagonists.

I only wish there was more to the end. It feels like the author did not want to finish it like a typical YA book ending or she did not know what to write next to finish the book. This makes me hope for a sequel because I love the universe that was created for the story and it would be nice to see more of Caleb again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vos commentaires sont les bienvenues!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...